Birmingham is a city located in Alabama. Birmingham is famous for museums, historical landmarks, theaters and restaurants. Visitors who are interested in the history of the Civil Rights movement should visit this city.
Places to visit
- Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum- This museum offers world’s largest motorcycle collection.
- Birmingham Museum of Art- Its collection contains more than 25,000 objects.
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute- It is an educational and cultural research center devoted to educating the future generations about human and civil rights.
- McWane Science Center
- Vulcan Park and Museum- It offers a range of exhibits and lectures.
- Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark- It is famous for being the first blast furnace in Birmingham.
- Alabama Theatre- It offers more than 300 events every year.
- Pepper Place Saturday Market- Here you can find hybrid tomatoes, berries, fruits, veggies, herbs, cheeses, meats and breads.
- Rickwood Field- It is a professional baseball park in the country.
- The Birmingham Zoo- Its collection contains 950 animals of different species.
- Kelly Ingram Park-
- Railroad Park- This Park contains more than 600 trees, a lake, wetlands and ponds.
- Southern Museum of Flight
- Birmingham Children's Theatre-It is famous as one of the largest and oldest professional theater.
- Red Mountain Park- It provides the activities like biking, hiking.
- Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve
Where to stay
- Motel 6 Birmingham- All 91 rooms of this smoke- free hotel offer free Wi-Fi, TVs with cable channels, and free local calls.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson- This smoke-free hotel provides an outdoor pool, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center and free self parking.
- Best Western Plus Carlton Suites- All 100 rooms of this hotel provide free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs with cable channels, and free buffet breakfast.